We’re looking for a talented and passionate PR Account Manager to join our team in Leeds.
As one of the north’s biggest PR agencies, and with a huge range of national and international clients, you’ll be joining one of the most innovative, and genuinely industry leading (and changing!) agencies in the country.
The PR we do here isn’t regular PR. We don’t just get coverage in newspapers (although we do do that), we take search and digital insight to create campaigns that meet multiple objectives, from more traditional brand awareness, to improving organic search performance.
There isn’t anyone like us, we’re forward thinking and strive to be the best at everything we do. So, we are looking for a digital savvy, commercially aware account director to lead and inspire a team of the best PR professionals in Leeds. Please see below for a little bit more about the role itself, and what we’re looking for from you
- You will be responsible for managing and leading a team in the delivery of consistent, high quality activities for a range of clients
- You will take overall responsibility for client performance, ensuring that targets are met consistently
- You will be the first point of contact for your clients and relevant departments within the business
- You will lead your team in devising new ideas, and assess them for suitability with your client’s aims and objectives constantly front of mind
- You will be responsible for liaising with key agency departments to translate client briefs and devise an effective plan that delivers on target and budget
- You will support and develop your team, identifying areas of strength and development, and working with individual team members and your AD to track success – implementing bespoke training plans where necessary
- You will distribute work throughout the team, delegating responsibility when and where appropriate
- You will understand your clients’ businesses and industries, taking the time to stay informed on industry developments that could represent threats or opportunities
- You will drive your team in building and improving journalist relationships
- You will oversee all account admin, ensuring that essential reporting and internal tasks are completed on time and to the highest quality
- You are an excellent multi-tasker, passionate, and creative
- You have experience and the ability to manage a number of accounts and projects simultaneously
- You will have experience of line managing at least two reports
- You will have a sound understanding and awareness of major media outlets, media tools, and social media channels
- You will have worked for a range of businesses, including B2B and B2C
- Excellent media relations and a solid ‘little black book’ of contacts
- Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to critically evaluate your own work and that of your team
- A solutions-led approach, with a constant focus on results
- Understanding of administration and processes, and their importance to effective team performance
- You will have the ability to support individual team members and assist them in their career progression